Friday, June 17, 2011

Paris

I don't know why it's become an obsession. It was just a book. But now it's a dream. Now it's the focus for my creative writing class. Now it's more than just a picture on my wall.


Sometimes I stare out the window and realize how far away Paris really is. And then my elbow hurts. And my eyes get worse. And my heart wonders how long it will keep beating if I ignore it?

We can dream forever. No matter what day it is, there's always tomorrow. Or maybe there's no tomorrow. I can't remember.

I saw you the other night and now I can't stop thinking about you.

2 comments:

  1. I know I seem creepy reading this far back, but I really just clicked "2011" on the sidebar...

    and it's really cool reading your head when the whole Paris Prophesy was born (#harkuntomywords) and you didn't realize how many of your future students would now be buying posters of Paris for their dorm rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the best thing I've read all day. (Actually, that's not true. I read your blog today and it was fantastic. I'm going to comment later.)

      Thanks for fulfilling the prophecy.

      Delete