Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Shopping List


  • Pepsi (12-pack)
  • Water (Arrowhead)
  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch (2-pack from Costco)
  • Patience
  • More time with my kids (at parks)
  • Time away from my kids (at the movies)
  • White bread
  • Stand-up comedy on Netflix
  • An iPhone I can afford (*doesn't exist)
  • Sunshine (but I'm in the shade)
  • Something to do (meaningful)
  • Nothing to do
  • Paperbacks
  • Feelings of peace (in my heart and stomach and fibers)
  • A new pen (G2 or better)
  • A fannypack
  • Retweets (and favorites, I guess)
  • A haircut (fresh and clean)
  • Laughter
  • A made bed (soft sheets and not too many pillows)
  • Peace and quiet
  • A writing contest (submissions in one month)
  • Ambition
  • Desire
  • Yearning
  • Hope
  • Danger
  • A game 7 in the NBA Finals
  • Respect (find out what it means to me)
  • Blog comments
  • Hot dogs (and buns, duh)
  • More Pepsi (just in case)
  • Popsicles
  • Root Beer for Root Beer Freezes
  • Plain White T-Shirt (XL)
  • New socks (Black)
  • Old books from the D.I.
  • An oil change
  • A metaphorical oil change
  • Time to read Harry Potter with my kids (we're on the first one)
  • Love
  • Rice Krispie Treats (homemade)
  • Cafe Rio Dressing
  • A good interest rate on my student loans
  • A conversation with my dad
  • Milk (1%)

5 comments:

  1. I just really appreciate that you're finally reading Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how simple this list is yet it has a lot of detail. not only do you want white bread but you also want meaning.

    but i guess that's what we all want right?
    i don't know what i'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're saving lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew a shopping list could be so heartfelt? You made it so even the milk seemed important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just wondering what all this cost.

    ReplyDelete