Sunday, June 1, 2014

SpongeBrooke SwearPants


The truth is, my daughter said her first F-word today.

I laughed. My wife gasped. If that doesn't sum up our family, I don't know what does. 

I feel like I need to explain. My daughter is 4. She doesn't go around dropping F-bombs. That's not how we raised her. (But she cries when her brother takes her football and she farts all the time, and that's not how we raised her either.) We were watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. (It's PG-13, and none of our kids are 13 yet. I know, stop judging.) And Edward Rooney was walking around the house and called Ferris a little effer. 

And my daughter is a sponge. 

Just for the record, I'm not really counting today's bomb. My daughter had no idea what she said. One day she'll slam the door and put her hands in her head and really say it. 

My wife will gasp. 

I just hope I don't laugh.

6 comments:

  1. it's ok, i would've laughed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed from this and then my heart sank and then I thought of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me way more sad then it should have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like we all go through the same phases regardless of how we live. It's both saddening and sobering. Were all just repeating the same mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best title in the history of titles. I laughed. Does that make me cynical?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^^seriously though, that title had me going.

    ReplyDelete